Blog and Wikis
Content, Collaboration, and Presentation Creators
- Glogster - Interactive multi-media posters
- Make Beliefs Comix - Create your own comic strip
- Magnetic Poetry - Create and share poetry
- Padlet - An online bulletin board. Users can pose open-ended questions and elicit multiple student responses. Ideal for posing doucment- based questions using primary sources.
- Prezi - A cloud-based presentation software and storytelling tool for presenting ideas on a virtual canvas.
- Study Stack - Flash card creator
- Toonlet - Comic Strip Creator
- Wordle - A toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text.
File Sharing Tools
- Quakit - Online HTML editor to create HTML snippets or even whole HTML pages for your website or blog.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman Khan to provide "a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere". The organization produces micro lectures in the form of YouTube videos.
- Memrise - An online learning tool with courses created by its community. Its courses are mainly used to teach languages, but are also used for other academic and nonacademic subjects.
- Schoology -Schoology is a learning management system for K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and corporations that allows users to create, manage, and share content and resources.
- Ted Talks - TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages
Poll, Survey and Quiz Tools
- Poll Everywhere - Ask your audience a question with the Poll Everywhere app. 2. Audience answers in real time using mobile phones, Twitter, or web browsers. 3. See your response live on the web or in a PowerPoint presentation.
- Quizlet - Provides learning tools for students, including flashcards, study and game modes.
- Survey Monkey - Create polls and survey questionnaires for learning about anything.
Screencasts - Image and video captures
- Symbaloo - Access your bookmarks and online favorites with Symbaloo. A free social bookmarking service in the cloud.
- PowToon - Create animated videos and presenations
- Weebly - Create a classroom website or blog.
Want to Learn More? Go to this online Web 2.0 Tutorial:
Classroom LearningWeb 2.0 Tutorial: An online learning program by the California School Library Association